Friday 23 May 2014

HEAVENLY ALGEBRA

1What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[S]4Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. 

Romans 4:1-5 (NIV)

Self notes:
It was not Abrahams works that made him righteous before God, it was his faith. In fact, I also see that Abraham's faith was evident through his works. I think of faith and works as conjoined twins.
Abraham BELIEVED God.....And ( his belief/faith) was credited to him as righteousness. From this I learn that faith is the seed capital that produces the desired bounty of righteousness. 
Righteousness is ' right standing before God'
I also learn that faith is simply believing God.
Believing God means I trust Him
Trusting Him means that:
1) I am certain of what I believe 
2) I know that I know that I know 
3) I am not swayed by times , seasons or circumstances






No comments:

Post a Comment