Wednesday 11 June 2014

Thoughts on Exodus 5:22 Moses upset with God

22Moses returned to the Lord and said, "Why, Lord, why have you brought trouble on this people? Is this why you sent me? 23Ever since I went to Pharaoh to speak in your name, he has brought trouble on this people, and you have not rescued your people at all.
Exodus 5:22 (NIV)


Moses was moved by compassion for the suffering of his people, he knew very well that God had plans to rescue them, and he was the agent/ leader to do this.
Prayer:
Father, Lord, thank you for Moses's strength in you, and the clear evidence of how close his walk was with you. He literally demanded from you what you had promised...I am scared to think that he accused you of being unfaithful when he said 'you have not rescued your people at all.' I believe that statement came from having confidence in who he was in you, and a deep rooted belief that you were able to do what you said you would do. It sounds like he was not doubting your ability per se, but was wondering what your motive was for not performing speedily. I am grateful for what I also observe concerning Moses' conscience; it must have been clear towards you. Help me to choose the thoughts and actions that auger well for a right standing with you. Thank you for your grace and for Jesus who gives me direct  access to God now.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Do you really practise what you say and write???

    ReplyDelete