Saturday 9 August 2014

2 Timothy 3:16-17 OBEDIENCE & THE GOD BREATHED WORD


All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 

In order to serve my purpose on earth, I must be equipped to do it. 
In order to be equipped I must obey the word of God.
Obeying the God breathed word takes me to a place where I am taught. 
My teaching includes:
-rebuking bad behaviour
-correcting wrong decisions 

....so that I am empowered to do good works full on.

This scripture inspired me to draw the image below. In my mind I saw a 'pressure can' , heated by the God breathed word of God. The elements are heated and stressed (our life's struggles) and ultimately purified. The emerging strong element is the smiley face, all set up and empowered to do good works.


Prayer: May you be empowered by the word to do good works as you embrace and learn from your training, teaching and rebukes. No matter what your challenges are, I pray that you push through believing in your heart that the process is God ordained for your training and refinement. More grace to you!
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment