Friday 20 January 2017

I should know better

I should be secure in your love Lord
Not need to need all these external inputs
I should know your love so keenly
I am confident of it and stand firm
I should know that your love is not external
But dwells within me via your Spirit
I should be tuned to your teachings
And your word so much that
I know that I know that I know
The full extent of your love for me
The little I know and am able to perceive
In my limited thinking and perceptions 
Humbles me totally and sometimes I am afraid
That I am just not worth it
But that is what is so unique about you Lord
That the truth is that I am not worth it
But you have loved me anyway!
I should know better!
This is why I am so grateful for your word 
Because I can renew my mind daily
I can re connect daily and be in your full truth
And know by discernment in my spirit
What is true according to you and what is not 
It is so hard to keep up, it is a constant challenge
But your love is like that, inspite of the challenges 
I can just rest , and just be, I can just relax in you
It is actually easier than it looks
I should know better
Because you are patient 
You are faithful


No comments:

Post a Comment