Wednesday 22 March 2017

Live long, live focused on winning the prize.

Introducing Nk Maduforo who is guest blogging today on 'finishing well'

The article was written around the time of the Rio Olympics but it's message is still relevant and true for all times. 

Enjoy 😀


So I watched Usain Bolt win the 100m finals in the ongoing Rio Olympics and I'm like 'wow'; the amount of training that goes into being a winner of race that averages 10 seconds.
How much more the race of life which we are running . Or should I say the race of eternal life! Are you giving it your all or is it business as usual but hoping that somehow, the win will just happen? Be encouraged by the following scriptures to take a more active stance.

Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. (1 Corinthians 9v 25-27)

An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. (2 Timothy 2 v5)

For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. (1 Timothy 4v8)

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3 v 14 )

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. (1 Corinthians 9v 24)

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.(2 Timothy 4 v 7-8)

This race has a prize! Are you running, trekking, jogging, crawling or sitting this one out?

Live long, live focused on winning the prize!

NK Maduforo

1 comment: