Thursday 2 November 2017

A story of Hope- breast cancer awareness

I want to thank the team who gave me an awesome makeover and photo shoot to round off the month of breast cancer awareness. The article and lovely photos were published on the exact 6th anniversary date of my mastectomy surgery. I have blogged about the experience already in my 'Joblogs' which can be found on this blog, but this year's commemoration was epic. I think you will agree with me when you see the stunning photos in the link to the article below.
Okay, I will include just one here.
In this photo I am so excited to show off one of my scarf designs 'The Iya Onigele'. The company Noji Art was born out of the joy I received from painting on canvas again, and then started putting my drawings on scarfs. It has been a deeply theraputic engagement, and centre stage in the healing process. 
Omolara Cookey
photographed by @anny_robert
Styling @moashystyling,
Make up @makupbykofo,

I really enjoyed the styling, the make up and photographing process, and I am so honoured to be able to share my story in support of breast cancer awareness. Please check your boobies ladies, regularly and often, and see a doctor if you notice anything untoward. I count myself extremely lucky to have survived, as my fear kept me from doing anything for five long years. This was because I had just recovered from the disability and near death experiences from the previously undiagnosed auto immune condition called Myasthenia Gravis. Thus, I count myself a double survivor, praise be to Jesus.

Finally, my immense and unmeasurable gratitude goes to God for choosing me to showcase His awesome power and for giving me this beautiful life to live. I cannot but also give unending thanks to my husband , my children, in fact all my family and friends who stood by me in wonderful ways.
Any survivors out there? I am sending you my heartfelt love and well wishes.
Please click on the link below for the full article, so well written by Moyosola Jolaolu at Flourish Africa.

http://flourishafrica.com/2017/10/31/meet-omolara-cookey-the-breast-cancer-survivor-who-wears-victory-on-her-neck/


No comments:

Post a Comment