Sunday 27 August 2017

Manifested Power

















Coming in to land in Tuscany
Stunningly beautiful terrain
In natural hues 
Of olive, earthy brown and dusky grey
Brought me joy that sprang up songs
Because of the evidence 
Of God's creative power
Put on display for me
Then I got to thinking
When I sing the chorus
Come down o Lord
And manifest your power
It seems to me that I am asking for something he has already done 
Should I not sing 
Thank you o Lord for your manifested power?
Our triune God manifests himself 
In more ways than we can imagine
It was all around me to see
In magnificent clumpy clouds
In the topography of the mountains
I came to an acknowledgement 
That even the breath of life 
Passing in and out of my nostrils
Is the manifested power of God
This, the most sophisticated 
Complex, operating system in the world
The human body, is a complete marvel
And for sure a sign 
Of God's manifested power
It is an interconnected, Interdependent plumbing, electrical and sensory circuit
Capable of amazing complexities
How the body works
Is mind blowing at the very least 
So, I am changing my song
I am changing my tune
Thank you o Lord
For your manifested power

Lara Cookey
Landing in Florence
16 August 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment